Category Archives: Patriarchy
Raymond Suttner audio interview with Gareth Cliff 12 March 2015
Raymond Suttner: Nelson Mandela’s masculinities
[This is an extract from the book Recovering democracy in South Africa that appeared in the Sunday Times under a different title yesterday] Continue reading
Nomboniso Gasa: King’s culture call is all about land
Press release on Raymond Suttner’s Recovering Democracy in SA (Jacana)
RAYMOND SUTTNER: CAPE TOWN BOOK LAUNCHES RECOVERING DEMOCRACY IN SOUTH AFRICA
CAPE TOWN LAUNCHES of RECOVERING DEMOCRACY IN SOUTH AFRICA CONFIRMED FOR 9 APRIL 2015 Continue reading
Confirmed book launches for Recovering Democracy in SA (21 February)
Update for launches of Recovering Democracy in South Africa (Jacana Media). Update 21 February 2015
Book availability. The book ought to be in the book stores late in the first week of March 2015 and e books will be available at a date to be announced.
The following launches have been confirmed thus far:
1.18 March 2015 Troyeville Hotel. Dinner starting 6 pm. In conversation with Anthony Altbeker. Flyer will be posted soon and bookings can be made with the hotel.
2. 19 March 2015, 6 p.m.Wits History Workshop/Wits Institute for Social and Econoic Research (WISER), launch at WISER Discussants: Dr Arianna Lissoni, Wits History Workshop and Dr Mcebisi Ndletyana, Mapungubwe Institute for Strategic Refection (MISTRA). Flyer to be posted soon. Those who are not on mailing list and wish to be invited should please inbox me
3. 26 March 2015. Rhodes University launch , Humanities seminar room, 5.30 pm. Flyer to be posted.
4. 1 APRIL 2015, launch/ discussion at Poppy’s, 6-7th Street Melville starting 6 p.m, ending 7.15 pm. This will be followed by jazz band. Flyer to be posted.
5. Date in early April to be confirmed. 10 a.m. Launch & discussion at UCT Graduate School of Business. Part of their Roundtable series. Chair Professor Mills Soko. Discussant to be confirmed. Any person based at UCT wishing to be invited please inbox me.
6. The will be a public launch in Cape Town on the evening of UCT launch, details to be announced.
7. 15 April 2015. Pietermaritzburg Agency for Community Social Action (PACSA) hosts launch in Pietermaritzburg in late afternoon. Flyer to be posted
8. 23 April 2015. Steve Biko Foundation, Ginsburg, Eastern Cape, time to be confirmed. Flyer to be posted. Anyone wishing to attend who is not on SBF mailing list please inbox me. Flyer to be posted.
Further locations for launches are under discussion and will be posted as they are confirmed.
Raymond Suttner: Zuma period: Depoliticised but distinct character
When I said that the current period in SA politics is depoliticised Continue reading
In conversation with @antonyaltbeker on Recovering Democracy in SA at Troyeville 18 March
Launch of Recovering Democracy in South Africa at Troyeville Hotel 18 March 2015
Raymond Suttner will be in conversation with Antony Altbeker. Supper served from 6.30 pm.
Confirmed launches :Recovering democracy in SA
Updated information on confirmed launches of Recovering Democracy in South Africa (Jacana publishers) confirmed thus far: Continue reading
Recovering democracy in South Africa-in bookshops first week March
Recovering democracy in SA to appear February
My book: Recovering democracy in South Africa will be published by Jacana Media in February. Continue reading
Raymond Suttner: ANC doesn’t only signify corruption, there were real heroes (Polity video)
Raymond Suttner: Troubles in tripartite alliance and alternative forms of unity (Polity Video)
ANC and churches today: reconfiguring allies
While the article by Philip de Wet in today’s Mail and Guardian is good, Continue reading