While the extent of xenophobic attacks may not be widely known, the broad facts are relatively clear. Continue reading
CAPE TOWN LAUNCHES of RECOVERING DEMOCRACY IN SOUTH AFRICA CONFIRMED FOR 9 APRIL 2015 Continue reading
Update for launches of Recovering Democracy in South Africa (Jacana Media). Update 21 February 2015
Book availability. The book ought to be in the book stores late in the first week of March 2015 and e books will be available at a date to be announced.
The following launches have been confirmed thus far:
1.18 March 2015 Troyeville Hotel. Dinner starting 6 pm. In conversation with Anthony Altbeker. Flyer will be posted soon and bookings can be made with the hotel.
2. 19 March 2015, 6 p.m.Wits History Workshop/Wits Institute for Social and Econoic Research (WISER), launch at WISER Discussants: Dr Arianna Lissoni, Wits History Workshop and Dr Mcebisi Ndletyana, Mapungubwe Institute for Strategic Refection (MISTRA). Flyer to be posted soon. Those who are not on mailing list and wish to be invited should please inbox me
3. 26 March 2015. Rhodes University launch , Humanities seminar room, 5.30 pm. Flyer to be posted.
4. 1 APRIL 2015, launch/ discussion at Poppy’s, 6-7th Street Melville starting 6 p.m, ending 7.15 pm. This will be followed by jazz band. Flyer to be posted.
5. Date in early April to be confirmed. 10 a.m. Launch & discussion at UCT Graduate School of Business. Part of their Roundtable series. Chair Professor Mills Soko. Discussant to be confirmed. Any person based at UCT wishing to be invited please inbox me.
6. The will be a public launch in Cape Town on the evening of UCT launch, details to be announced.
7. 15 April 2015. Pietermaritzburg Agency for Community Social Action (PACSA) hosts launch in Pietermaritzburg in late afternoon. Flyer to be posted
8. 23 April 2015. Steve Biko Foundation, Ginsburg, Eastern Cape, time to be confirmed. Flyer to be posted. Anyone wishing to attend who is not on SBF mailing list please inbox me. Flyer to be posted.
Further locations for launches are under discussion and will be posted as they are confirmed.
When I said that the current period in SA politics is depoliticised Continue reading
We are living in depoliticised times. Continue reading
Launch of Recovering Democracy in South Africa at Troyeville Hotel 18 March 2015
Raymond Suttner will be in conversation with Antony Altbeker. Supper served from 6.30 pm.